Digital
Dreams
Digital Dreams has been a community for a group of role players since the early 2000's. The community has remained loyal to this home long after the forum itself died and that spirit has once again been revived and poured into a new story, world, and characters that make up this Digimon RP. Every member of the Staff is a Digital Dreams veteran and works hard to pass the comfort of "home" to members both returning and new. Welcome to Digital Dreams, where the dream never ends...
DigiD Alpha! Digital Dreams has begun our Alpha Test! Character Sign Ups are open. Once your character has been approved, you can post in the Alpha to claim your incentive package! Read the rules carefully. Members have already begun role-playing and they're more excited than ever to see what DigiD has in store. Staff will be trickling in our new system during the Alpha Stage and are available for questions on our Discord chat! Thank you for your patience, and we hope you have fun! -- Staff
GUIDEBOOK
APPLICATION
PROFILES
SHOP
MAP
CLAIMS
ADVERTISING
SITE CREDITS
 photo bannernew_zpsedd18190.png

Add Reply
New Poll

Castle, [Zack's home]
Vn70072
 Posted: Jul 19 2012, 12:37 PM
Vn70072
- -

The remote outpost nicknamed Castle lies in the cold reaches of the Glacial Plains. It is protected by its remote location, hostile environment, the mountain into which it is built, as well as an effect nicknamed an occlusion field - scanning the area from the outside with arcane magic or high tech sensors is an exercise in futility.[Link to old thread]

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
Lexi Tashimi
 Posted: Feb 5 2017, 02:18 PM
Lexi Tashimi
- -

"Are you sure this is right way?"

"I know you barely remember coming here, but I do. We fought Belphemon here and a knight saved us. I'm almost sure it was Dukemon."

"Explain to me how you came to that conclusion? Why would a Dukemon just show up out of the blue to save us?"

"I..." Lexi seemed to have a complete loss of an acceptable answer for that question. She sighed. "I don't know... all I know is that we all woke up in a cave. A cave that lead to Zack's base. That much I'm sure of."

"Glad you have such faith. Because if you're wrong about this, it'll be hell for us to get out of this literal frozen hell."

"Riku, you know I won't let anything happen to any of you. Just trust me and keep flying in the direction we're going."

"Whatever you say."

Sitting on the backside of the Devimon as they flew closer to the icy mountain range. Lexi pulled the coat she was wearing closer to her body. It was all she could do to maintain her body heat. Each breath she took she could literally see in the bitter wind and it almost felt like it hurt to take in anymore air. Zack picked what might've been the best place to hide out from his enemies, but was also the worst for any friend of his trying to find him.

Her partners were also clinging onto both the demon flying them to their destination, and to one another to keep warm. Lexi hated seeing them suffer like that, but she could feel they were getting closer. She just knew it...

She briefly looked at her D-Ban and pressed a button, bringing up the instant message feature. She saw the message she had sent to Zack, hoping he would respond to her knowing she was safe and back in the Digital World.

Hey Zack~! I made it back to the Digital World. I'm safe and so are my partners. But are you okay? I was really worried about you. I want to see you again, so where are you?

They had tried to return to their old apartment back in the city. But there was barely anything recognizable left of the much beloved Digital City after the world became so unstable. The apartments were completely gone, leaving whatever tamers who were still around without a home to even go to. Now they were homeless... What a way to be welcomed after being gone.

She sighed a little, but squinted her eyes as they came closer to the mountain range. Among the cliffs she could spot what looked like a small cave entrance. That had to be the same cave she found herself in after they came to the last time they found themselves here. "Riku, look there!" she pointed it out to the Devimon, who nodded and made a dive for the entrance.

He managed to land with some ease and helped the girl and her other partners off his back. The instant they were off, he let go of his adult form and de-digivolved back to his Impmon self. A sense of relief washed over him, both glad to finally find this place and to no longer be Devimion.

"So this is the place?" Tikal questioned, looking around to find the cave hardly stood out from any other ordinary mountain cave.

The Guilmon began to pick up on the scent." I can smell where we have been, so this is the right place. But..." He continued to sniff the air heading toward the back of the cave. "There are other scents here as well..."

Lexi listened to him while she typed out another message for Zack. Once she had it sent, she followed her partners as they ventured further into the cave itself. She only hoped it would lead her to who they were looking for, not into the waiting arms of an enemy.

We made it to the cave. I figured you had to be in the Glacial Plains at your base, so we're trying to find it. Meet us half way if you get this.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Zack Knight
 Posted: Feb 9 2017, 10:53 PM
Zack Knight
- -

There were some downsides to having a base of operations far from civilization, in one of the less hospitable regions of the Digital World. Sometimes truly frightening blizzards rolled through. Supplies had to be brought in by the residents. Fortunately the facility had been adequately furnished by previous owners, and used a geothermal tap to provide both operational electricity and heat against the cold. The area also had some kind of dampening field that had prevented the likes of Insomnia's bloodhounds from tracking their targets here during the worst days of the war. The remote location also meant that it was uniquely equipped to weather storms like the data disruption that had reputedly claimed the old city apartment complex.

Zack stood in the dining area, looking out the windows onto the vast glistening plain of snow that extended in all directions. It was bright and sunny, though that didn't diminish the cold outside, and he occasionally heard the howl of the wind through the bunker's thick construction. Even the window appeared to be made from some sort of thick polycarbonite or plexiglass, in addition to blast shutters that could close over it in the event of an attack.

Glacier was dozing in bed and Aura was amusing herself with a video game. Orion was near Zack, but that was nothing new. Even he seemed sleepy and at ease, curled up in the corner, though he was watching Zack through one half-lidded orange eye in case he moved or left the room.

Things had been going well enough lately, but after their last major battle, he'd held worries. Kyra, the crafty witch that she was, and her partners had captured Lexi following a battle in the training fields. The simple exercise had turned into a game of life or death, with Spyro, Tikal, Kodi and Riku seeking out the help of their friends to rescue Lexi.

When Kyra had tried to lay a trap, a fierce battle ensued. Though Lexi was freed, she was not safe in the arms of her partners. Instead she had been spirited away through a portal that Zack suspected led to the real world, having gone through that himself not long ago. But Lexi had been in such terrible shape following her imprisonment and the battle that he was worried about her.

He supposed they ought to go and do something, as he stood there with his hands clasped behind his back like a captain gazing out the viewports of his battleship. He took a deep breath and shook his head slightly to clear it. With another nightmare, he hadn't slept very well last night. Perhaps he ought to try for a nap...

---

There was a soft beeping sound, which Zack mused must have been his alarm clock. Reaching in the direction of the noise, he patted around with his left hand, looking for the snooze button.

The beeping persisted and instead he felt something poking him back. Confused, Zack finally opened his bright green eyes. Glacier was asleep on the bed nearby, pawing at him her sleep. Instead of an alarm, the beeping was coming from his d-ban.

Activating the interface, Zack was surprised to find two unread messages waiting for him. At the sight of the sender name, his stomach did a backflip... and landed in cold water. He was relieved at the thought of hearing from Lexi... but the last messages he had gotten from her were Kyra trying to lure him into a trap. His eyes scanned over them. It was Lexi, or so he now had to hope. And they were on their way here!

There was no reason to believe Lexi was in any danger, and after silence it was great to hear from her. He tapped in a short response.

On our way. Good to hear from you.

Short, to the point, and sent away.

Glacier, every bit the part of a housecat whether she was Tailmon like she was at the moment or not, opened her eyes slowly and looked at him. "What is it?" She could tell by looking there was something going on with him.

"Lexi's back. She and her partners are on their way to visit."

"Well, I hope they brought cake." Glacier stretched lazily and arched her back, then smiled. She was happy for Zack... though she would still rather have him to herself. Maybe next time she should see to it he woke up in bed with Bastemon...

----

The four of them walked out through the blast doors together, into the caves. Zack was wearing dark cago pants and a winter camouflage jacket against the milder cold of the tunnels. Aura was atop his head as usual, and Glacier had, unusually, evolved to Bastemon to go and greet them. Her twin tails flicked slightly. Orion was close to Zack's other side, his eyes alert and watchful as ever.

Orion's nose began to work and Zack smiled. "Smell 'em, do you?" Of course Orion wouldn't answer. Glacier twitched her ears.

"I hear footsteps. Several sets. They're not in any hurry of trying to be sneaky."

In another few minutes, they rounded the bend and came face to face with Lexi's group. "Tiki!" Aura lunged forward, diving and playfully tackling into her friend. "You're all here!"

"Lexi!" Zack was smiling, but also looking her up and down to make sure she was alright. She'd looked bad after Kyra had finished with her. The thought of what Kyra had been willing to do still made him boil, but for now he was happy and relieved to see her again. "Good to see you all. I was worried after everything that happened..."

--------------------
user posted image

"A man of the 15th, a man of can-do
Friends fall around him and yet he came through
Let them fall face down if they must die
Making it easier to say goodbye
"
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | The Glacial Plains | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

<% PM %>
SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE and CAUTION
GO TO TOP
Member of The Internet Defense League